Monday, May 24, 2010

Not in Real Life

As I am bored at work and getting the after lunch sleepies, I decided to go through my usual website checks.  One includes People.  I'm not going to apologize and hope you will not judge me for going there.  Anyway, I came across this photo of someone's kid.  She's 23 months, so a little older than Annie, and wearing a cute, but totally unrealistic outfit.
What 3 year old wears a mini skirt, a scarf around their neck, and shoes with no socks?!  How long did it take her to complain about her feet hurting and start feeling constricted by the scarf?  How fast after that photo was taken did she rip it all off?  Corrie, how long would Anne had kept any of that on?  Or mom, any of your daycare kids?  They probably wouldn't.  I don't even wear my converse shoes without socks.  You can't play in those.

Anyway, excuse my rant.  Just dress your kids so they can play.  Keep an eye out in the next two days for gardening stories and French Baguettes.

2 comments:

Oma Penny said...

"Marie, the baguettes!" Quick quiz, what movie is that line from?

Corrie said...

Please, Mother. Let's not insult the girl's intelligence now!

My kids are pretty much always dressed for play. Even their church clothes are 100% cotton. Heck, MY whole wardrobe is cotton! That picture makes me think more about what that kid's parents are teaching her--that her clothes matter, that the "image" matters. That's a tough message for a preschooler.