Tuesday, April 20, 2010

About Myself?

Todd told me my blog would be more interesting if I talked more about myself. I found that odd because he already knows everything about me. And no, we're not that naive couple that thinks we know so much about each other and then realize something about our spouse that throws us for a loop. We honestly spend every moment together (I'm only partially lying. He's out on a lunch meeting while I'm alone in the office. But we will go home and spend the rest of the day together.) Back to my point, we know almost everything about each other and that's why I found it odd for him to say I should talk about myself. And news flash, all who read this blog (Mom, Corrie, Megan, Aunt Joy, Aunt Mikki) pretty much know what's going on. That's right; Todd's not even on the list of readers. I must be bored because my thoughts are all over the place. So, here is a post about what is going on in the Spieker household.

Yesterday we went as Crossview Covenant's representatives to a Gideons' Pastor Appreciation dinner. It was more fun than I expected. We sat across from very nice people who were good conversationalists (unlike myself), we heard a testimony from a woman that found Jesus through a Gideon's Bible while growing up in a pagan religion in the Philippines, and we met a man that had been a Gideon for 67 years! It was a fun night, but a good move on our part to expect it to be 2 hours long. Dad, can't you work on that? Like I said, it was pretty fun and Todd and I got to dress up.

I have been looking (not as hard as I should be) for a job for when we move back to Chicago. Sadly, no churches in the area are hiring full time youth ministers and many non-profit organizations are not looking for full time staff either. Luckily, if I can't, for some odd reason, find a job, we can pay for our housing with student loans, though obviously we don't want to. It turns out, finding a job just by sending resumes when you are trained to work in a church is really hard. I have no office experience, no certification of any kind. I'm sort of drowning here. I did apply to be a Resident Director at North Park (my alma mater [wait, am I old enough to have an alma mater?]) but never got a call back. I guess their program has sort of fallen apart this year, so we'll see if I get a call back later in the game. I'm holding out just the slightest bit of hope. I think I would be a good RD and I would love to work for North Park (I know, you weren't expecting that Corrie.)

Anyway, that's what's going on with us. We have Brian and Kelly coming over Thursday night for burgers and Catan. We're pretty excited. It beats throwing popcorn in each other's mouth as the photo below shows. Todd is back in the office now and we're going home. (See Todd, it's boring to just talk about me. I doubt you will even read this.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I do read your blog I just think it is awkward to comment when you are sitting on the couch right next to me.

-Todd

Michelle said...

You two are so cute!

Joy said...

i love hearing about your cooking and recipes because i love to cook (and obviously eat) i but think the "erin updates" are a great idea. keep it up.

Corrie said...

"You don't read my blog" is quite similar to my "You don't even know my email address!"

Ah, 21st century marriage...