Thursday, August 26, 2010

Frozen Pizzas in Chicago

Hello everyone!  We are getting settled into our apartment in Chicago.  It seems about as big as our old one, but the second bedroom space is cut up and put other places so there is only one bedroom.  Which is funny, because now is about the only time we could really utilize an extra bedroom.  We have a friend staying with us until he finds a job.  No biggie because he is really outgoing and easy to live with.  I just feel bad he has to sleep on the couch every night.  Anyway, believe it or not, I have a pseudo recipe for you.

As you may know, Saturday night is pizza night.  We pushed it back to Sunday this past week and had all our old friends over.  It is so nice to have these people back with us.  I didn't think friendships were as important until I was away from them for a year.  I'm glad I don't have to leave for 3 years.  Back to pizza.  Click here to see the thin crust recipe we use.  The awesome thing you can do, as Corrie has told me, is make a frozen pizza out of this.  So nice and costs about $1.00 for each mini-pizza you make.  Here is what you do.

1. Make the pizza dough as normal
2. Preheat oven to 425
3. Cut into four equal size balls to be rolled out.
4. Roll out (I say roll, but I mean use your fingers) two of the balls into personal sized pizzas.
5. Bake until crust just barely hardens up.
6. Remove and let cool.
7. Top with sauce, cheese, and whatever else you want and wrap in plastic wrap.
8. Put in freezer and wait for a craving.

To make to eat, just heat oven to 425 and let the cheese melts and the pepperoni is cooked.  Todd and I shared one last night and it was delicious.  I made some for Greg too, but I'm not sure he or Stef have eaten any yet.

Sadly, no picture.  I will have to leave you with a photo of our amazingly stuffed moving truck.  Thank you John and Kent for figuring out how to make it all fit.

No comments: