Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Unemployed

Well, it's official.  I'm not a student of any kind, though my constant debt reminds me that I was at one point.  And, I am no longer on the payroll at Crossview Covenant Church.  I am unemployed.  Yes, we still have a two day trip this week, a youth Sunday to pull off, and one more Bible study, but that's all volunteer work.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  One the one hand, it's nice to know I made it through the year without harming anyone or failing at too many things.  On the other, I feel as though now I should always have everything in order in all aspects of my life (which is not currently happening) so therefore I am failing at something big.  Like I said, I'm not sure how I feel about it all yet.

Well, here are so photos to leave you with.  Sorry, no recipe this time.  If you want something delicious though, check out Corrie's blog.  I want that brown butter tart!  The photo is of my brother, William, and me at his concert over River City Days.  He pretty much rocked the house.


Okay, I lied, sort of.  Here is a link to a recipe I have been wanting to try.  Lemon asparagus cheese spread, thank you Eatin' on the Cheap blog.  Just wait until next year.  With all the friends in Chicago and workable kitchens, we're planning leftover swaps.  Everyone makes whatever they want during the week and one night, we switch everything around.  I should get some new recipes that way.  I love having friends!

1 comment:

Oma Penny said...

Mommy loves the picture.