Friday, August 6, 2010

Basil Stir-Fry


It's so yummy and from my new, FREE cookbook.  It a Martha Stewart Everyday Food cookbook, so as Todd said "Take everything with a giant spoonful of salt."

Ingredients
1 Large Chicken Breast
1 T cornstarch
vegetable oil
1 small onion
2 Bell Peppers
6 Garlic Cloves
Thai Basil leaves
Rice Wine Vinegar
Soy Sauce
Cooked rice

Directions
-Pat dry the chicken and cut into strips.  Coat in cornstarch seasoned with salt and pepper.  Pour oil into a frying pan and heat it up.
-Let chicken brown on both sides and cook until almost done.  Take out of pan.
-Wipe pan clean and heat oil in pan.
-Toss in cut onion and peppers.  Let cook for 5 min.  Then throw in crushed garlic and cook another minute.
-Add chicken and add vinegar and soy sauce to taste.  Add some water if it's too salty for your taste.   Let simmer with cooked rice and basil leaves.  Serve it up!

See, yum!
Todd made this one by himself which was so nice.  We need to use up food since we are moving so this was a good way to get rid of spices and sauces.  We'll have to do a lot of improve cooking over the next few days.

For mom and Corrie, here is a better photo of Stef's dress.  It was mermaid with a nice sparkly ribbon around the center and train.  Add the pearls and sparkly veil and she looked quite bridal.
They were walking back down the aisle and she forgot to take her flowers with her.  I still had them and her mom gave me a mean look!  Like somehow it was my fault.  Hello, if we don't practice it in rehearsal, how is she supposed to know.  Ah well, I was so pumped my friends got married, I didn't even care.  But now looking back on it, it hurts.  She looked at me and motioned for me to give her the flowers, despite the fact she and Greg were half way down the aisle.  What would ruin the moment more, no flowers or crazy bridesmaid?  

That's what I thought.  Crazy bridesmaid will always distract.  Think before giving me a dirty look.

No comments: