Friday, February 5, 2010

Thin Crust Pizza


While I love a good, chewy crust on my pizza, Todd likes the thin crust. And since I am a good wife, I learned to make it. Here is the recipe.

THIN CRUST PIZZA

I actually really like this recipe. We have used it three times now and it's been better every time.

The only problem is how much it makes. I have not had good luck freezing dough, so I figured I just always had to make 2 pizzas. They always make great leftovers. But this week, we decided to make cheesy garlic bread as a snack to keep around. (It didn't stay for long)

Ingredients
3 cloves of garlic
Dried Oregano
6 Tablespoons of butter
Mozz and cheddar cheese
1/3 of the pizza dough

Directions
Combine garlic, butter, and oregano (to taste) in a food processor
Stretch out the dough to make a small looking pizza
Spread a thin layer of butter over the surface of dough
Sprinkle a layer of mozzarella and a layer of Cheddar on the surface
Bake until cheese browns and bubbles

It is so yummy and makes for great snacks during the week. Also, you can spread a very thin layer of the butter mix on the rim of the pizza to give you a little pop when you come to the end of your slice. It makes a lot of butter, so keep it around. It goes great with French bread and pasta.

Be looking for easy fancy fries coming up. It's a Todd Spieker original. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i myself am a fan of the stuffed crust pizza. . .only the mozzarella, not the cheddar stuffed

Montel Emerson said...

Hey, I was just googling how to make your own frozen pizza...I may try it with this dough...I'll let you know how it turns out.
P.S. This is your sister :)