Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lessons From My Mom

Never, ever go to bed with a messy kitchen. Wednesday nights are hard for dinner for Todd and me. We get home around 4:00 and have to be back at church at 5:30. The problem is, we always leave a mess in the kitchen from our lunches. So, whoever is cooking dinner cleans up the lunch mess, cooks dinner, and then cleans up the dinner mess.

Side note: this is Todd's choice. I would love to both clean up each mess, but he likes to do it all by himself when he cooks so then when I cook he doesn't have to help. But, I want to help when he cooks, so I get the tiny shaft. It's only a little shaft because it's not horrible, but I still don't like it.

So, I clean up, cook yummy 4 step chicken with onions, and then...left the clean up. We had to get going to church for youth group. So we're at church until 9:30 and then we went out for a little snack after. By the time we got home at 11:00, I was so tired and didn't clean up the kitchen. So, I had to get up at 8:15 (I usually can sleep until 9:00, jealous?) and clean up the kitchen before taking a shower. Had I not gotten to pull a prank on Todd 30 minutes later, I would still be cranky about my messy kitchen. So mom, you were always right. Always clean your kitchen before you go to bed.

2 comments:

Joy said...

i was raised the same way. always clean the kitchen at night. i think i was married 30 years before i could go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink. now, no problem!

Corrie said...

The only thing sticking out in there is "I sleep until 9:00"

I hate you. :)