Saturday, December 4, 2010

Life

My mom has convinced me to start blogging again.  She thinks I have more to talk about than cooking.  I'm not so sure, bu we'll give it a whirl.  Since it has been awhile, I will need to catch you up in categories.  If you don't care about a certain category, feel free to breeze right on by.

Home life:
I am enjoying watching Todd in school.  He is doing a great job in his classes, making good impressions with his teachers, and has lots of opportunities to help other learn Greek.  I am very proud of him for how much work he has to do.  Lord knows I have no desire to do any of the stuff he is doing right now.
Our apartment is pretty good.  Mom and Dad just saw it, and so have William and Adrienne.  If you want to know about our little Chicago place, just ask them.  It is not nearly as nice as Justin and Vonny's basement place when they lived here.  Of course, Vonny could make any place cute.

Work life:
I found work!  I'm working at Ravenswood Manor Child Care Center.  It is a modest daycare closer to downtown, but still on the north side of the city.  It's surrounded by a super cute neighborhood people have dubbed a suburb within the city.  We have three classrooms, two for infants and one for toddlers through age 3.  I am in the toddler room everyday.  I really love it.  There are 15 kids total in the room, with 3-4 adults.  I love my five kids that I am responsible for.  They are, for the most part, really good everyday.  They love to read and cuddle.  I like going to work with them.


Recent Events:
Well, our Mankato youth group came down for a weekend trip that I was planning.  It actually went really well, I think.  I'm not sure Chris would agree.  We spent time with Mission Year, JPUSA, and New Community Covenant Church as well as North Park and downtown.  I think the group had a lot of fun, but the chaos of the weekend really got under Chris' skin.  A plus, we got to see Mike, the guy who replaced us, interact more with the students.  It was encouraging seeing him doing well with them.  I know we were only there a year, but it's nice to know our sweet kids are taken care of.  Here is a nice picture of some of my favorite students right before I left.


Matt Schilling, a college friend from Boston, came to visit a few weekends ago.  And although it was far too early to start Christmas celebrations, we went down to the Disney Holiday Parade since Matt was looking forward to it.  It was a lot of fun, just pretty cold.  And when you are short, big parades from the back of a crowd are not that fun.  But it was nice to spend some time with Matt.  I guess someday we'll have to sacrifice a bit and make a trip to Boston to see him.  How terrible (please sense my sarcasm.)
While walking back to the El from the parade, I realized we were on Michigan Avenue with no traffic and beautiful lights.  Hello photo op!


And it the last bit of news, P-Marc is back!  He has returned to the Wild and has scored a goal in the process.  I love him.

Wrap-up:
So life is good.  Just plugging away with work and school.  I don't get home from work until 7pm, so Todd has dinner waiting for me.  Hence, not as much cooking going on.  But, I am thinking about making stromboli tonight.  It's basically pizza rolled up, but we'll try it out.  Look for the upcoming Chicago Symphony event and shenanigans in the currently falling snow in Chicago.

2 comments:

Oma Penny said...

Thanks Erin! Enjoy that snow. At least you don't have to shovel any of it! "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas."

Joy said...

thanks from me too. i have been patiently waiting for some news from chicago. glad all is going well for you guys. keep up the blogging. your mom is right. it is looking a lot like christmas around here. way too much snow for me.