Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Year's Eve Treat


So marrying into a Swedish family has it's advantage: delicious food. Swedish pancakes, lingenberry sauce, meatballs and more. The list continues and I learn more and more. While in Colorado, my mother-in-law Faye and I are going to attempt to make Swedish Rosettes tomorrow for New Year's Eve. They look wonderful and I'm very excited to try them for what I think is the first time. Maybe I've tasted them at some point, being part of the Covenant Church and all. So I will let you know how it goes. Here is a photo for you to envy.


3 comments:

Oma Penny said...

I remember making these during my middle school years with a Swedish/Norwegian friend. It was fun and not something we ever made at our house. Why are they called both rosettes and funnel cakes?

Oma Penny said...

I got the answer to my question from Grandma Joye. Rosettes are made with an iron and funnel cakes are made by "funneling" the batter into the oil in different designs. Moms, they're good resource people!

Corrie said...

Cookies involving special tools...good luck!