Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pre-Marital Counseling Funnies

Todd and I started pre-marital counseling yesterday with our pastor here in Chicago. He is Nils Peterson at Sojourner Covenant Church. I thought I would share with you one funny thing we experienced yesterday.

Nils gave us an online quiz to do before our first meeting. He started reading us the results and we found out we were in the 95% which means that we see almost eye to eye about our relationship and decisions we make. It was very encouraging.

Then he started to tell us about the aspect of the quiz that measured how ideal you think marriage is going to be. A high score can either indicate you really like each other or that you think marriage is going to be all sunshine and candy. You should be between 40-65%. We were, again, at 95%! So we then had to talk about how we don't think marriage will be farting rainbows, but we just must really like each other. It was an interesting day.

Sorry, no picture today. Todd doesn't like posts without pictures.

4 comments:

Corrie said...

What!?! My marriage is all sunshine and lollipops and unicorns. This guy is just jaded.

Oma Penny said...

Marewidge (said like the minister in "The Princess Bride". Well, it does take sunshne and rain to make a rainbow! Hopefully, you and Todd will always have more sunshine than rain. Yech, so sappy!

Oma Penny said...

Oh man! I forgot my closing parentheses in the above comment. Don't kick me out of the family!

Corrie said...

Geez, Mom. I'm barfing all over.