Saturday, June 12, 2010

Chocolate Chip Carmel Bars

Todd and I had our friends Brian and Kelly coming over for dessert and games last Thursday.  We had only decided on the plans the day before, so I was googling as fast as I could Thursday afternoon for a quick and simple dessert to make.  When I stumbled upon this, I knew I had found a gold mine.

Ingredients:

1 box of yellow cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 cup mini milk chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup Skor toffee chips

32 caramels
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 stick of butter

Mix together the cake mix, vegetable oil and eggs. Then mix in different chips. In a greased 9x13 pan, press half of the mixture. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. While that is in the oven, melt in a sauce pan the caramels, sweetened condensed milk and butter. When crust is done, pour sauce over the crust. Then sprinkle in chunks the rest of the mixture. Bake for another 22-25 minutes. Let cool before serving.      

Bask in it's caramel chocolate goodness.

Like I wanted, quick and simple.  The four of us put away about two rows of bars so the plan is to bring the rest of the pan to small group tomorrow night.  However, I think I may have put away a whole row by myself since then.  I can wait to get these out of my house!  I can't even pretend a single part of them are good for you.  Also, here is the blog I got them from.  It looks like she has lots of other yummy things too!


Excuse my dessert heavy posts lately, but Emily Staples wanted it, so I'm jumping ahead in my list of things to post.  I do have some dinners coming soon, I promise!

2 comments:

Oma Penny said...

Oh my goodness gracious! All I can say.

Staples said...

I am making them today! I'll let you know how they turned out! P.S. I feel so honored that you mentioned me on your blog!!!