Wednesday, October 8, 2008

BTS Jokes

So today, for Biblical and Theological Studies Senior Seminar class (BTS Senior Sem), we presented our group projects on different Hermeneutical trends from the beginnings of the church to contemporary trends. It's not as lame as it sounds.

Once we presented the overall themes and trends of each time period, we then had a person from each period present the parable of the Good Samaritan as an influencial person from that period. We had in chronological order:
Origen
Chrysostom
Aquinas
Calvin
Spinoza
Bultman
Bailey

Each person present 2 minutes about how they would interpret the parable and then they were all able to "duke it out" and ask each other questions/prove they are the best. The odd part, I laughed so hard in that class; harder than I have in a long time! It was so funny to hear John Chrysostom tell John Calvin they could have been wonderful John friends and hear everyone gang up on Origen and his allagorical approcah. Then, my favorite was, after failing to field a question, Julie Stoner yells out "Thomas Aquinas just got told!" It was the best time we have had in Senior Sem.

Maybe I should change my blog name to "More Proof I am a Nerd".

Side note: To preface this story, Todd is hairy. The other day, he had some dried blood in his ear, but not the inner ear. I pointed it out and he said "I must have been tagged in my sleep. You get used to that being a bear." I can't wait to marry that.


Annie just turned 1! I can't wait to see this little lady next weekend!

4 comments:

Oma Penny said...

We can't wait to see you (two) next weekend! And I wish I was smart enough to know who all those people were that you impersonated in your senior seminar. You're not a nerd, honey, you just know about stuff other people don't!

Corrie said...

"I can't wait to marry that"

Hilarious.

Corrie said...

And P.S. You are a giant nerd. All BTS majors are. La la la, in your own little world...

Will said...

Benedictus Spinoza is such a baller...